The three major trails in the Great Woods have been marked.
The "Schoolmaster Bridle Trail", marked in red, is 0.77 miles and runs from the Oak Street entrance to the Great Brook. This trail was named for the schoolmasters who used it as a shortcut from Elm Street to South Main Street, in the 1800's
The "Scott/Goyea Trail" , marked in orange, is a 0.93 mile loop trail which starts at the Oak Street parking lot, meanders through the Scott/Goyea conservation area, and returns, via the red marked trail, to the Oak Street main entrance.
The "Codding Farm Trail', marked in green, is 1.33 miles. This trail branches off from the red trail, and ends at the railroad tracks. The Codding Farm site can be accessed from this trial.
Yet to be marked is the "Chase Trail" (white) which will run from the green trail to the Great Brook. and the "Cobbler's Trail" (yellow) which is in the northern portion of the woods, and can be accessed from Judy's Lane. This trail runs past "Cobbler's Corner" and on to "Taylor's Hill.