There are five major and two minor trails in the Great Woods, plus several unmarked trails.
Accessed from the Oak Street entrance are:
The "Schoolmaster Bridle Trail", marked in red, is 0.77 miles and runs from the Oak Street entrance to the Great Brook. This trail was named for the schoolmasters who used it as a shortcut from Elm Street to South Main Street, in the 1800's
The "Scott/Goyea Trail" , marked in orange, is a 0.93 mile trail which starts at the Oak Street parking lot, meanders through the Scott/Goyea conservation area, and returns, via the red marked trail, to the Oak Street main entrance.
The "Codding Farm Trail', marked in green, is 1.33 miles. This trail branches off from the red trail, and ends at the railroad tracks. The Codding Farm site can be accessed from this trial.
The "Chase Trail" (white) runs from the green trail to the red tail near the Great Brook.
Parking and the entrance is located at the big bend in the road on Oak Street.
Accessed from the Judy’s Lane entrance are:
The “Taylor’s Hill’ property. The "Cobbler's Trail" (yellow) runs past "Cobbler's Corner" and on to "Taylor's Hill” with a loop back along the Rumford River.
The “Taylor Trail” (grey) starts just past Cobbler’s Corner, run parallel to the Rumford River, and rejoins the Yellow Trail at Taylor’s Hill.
The “Fisher Trail” (purple) starts before Taylor’s Hill and rejoins the Yellow Trail near its end.
Great trails for a short walk!